Bath Bomb Versus Shower Steamer
What are Bath Bombs??
Bath bombs are hard-packed mixture of dry ingredients, which effervesces when wet. They are used to add essential oils, scent and color to bathwater.
In water, the sodium bicarbonate in the bomb reacts with the citric acid to release carbon dioxide gas.
C5H7O5COOH + NaHCO3 → C5H7O5COO−Na+ + H2O + CO2
Here at AromatheraChi, we take bathtime seriously. Settling in for a good soak after a hard days work or even play is like taking a well deserved time out or an energetic pick me up for your aching muscles. Our bath bombs will turn your simple bath into a rejuvenating spa experience. The aromas and therapeutic properties of different essential oils are just endless.
Bath bombs are generally spherical but can be found or made in a variety of shapes, such as tablets or pressed into molds of your choice.
Our bath bombs contain:
- Epson Salts – eliminates toxins from the body
- Baking Soda – Soothing to the skin and when mixed with citric acid produces the fizzing reaction.
- Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt – I can’t say enough about sea salt. It is detoxifying, soothing to the skin, contains magnesium…. the list of benefits goes on.
- Oil of your choice (I use coconut oil, Hemp seed oil or Avocado oil) which ever at the time I have on hand. They add moisture to your skin.
What is a Shower Steamer??
Don’t have time for a luxurious bath, or dislike sitting in a bath, or just don’t have a bath tub? Consider using a shower steamer instead.
Shower steamers are my go to in the morning when I need a wake me up or in the evening, in a hot relaxing shower before bed.
Shower steamers are similar to bath bombs, except that they contain no moisturizing oils for the skin so that they don't make the floor of your shower slippery. Simply place a shower fizzy on the floor of your shower where the water will hit it, turn on the water, and step inside. The water will cause the shower fizzy to break apart and dissolve, thus releasing the fragrant essential oils.
Shower Steamers are great for sinus relief. If you purchase a shower steamer that contains eucalyptus oil, Ravintsara, Peppermint and menthol crystals you can use it to help clear out your sinuses when you have a cold.
Here are some of my favorite bath bomb and shower steamer blends:
- Meditation Blend: Vetiver, Patchouli, Cedarwood and Lavender
- Concentration Blend: Rosemary, Basil & May Chang (one of my favorite blends)
- Centering oneself: Frankincense, Cypress, Atlas cedar and Angelica
- Just Happy: Sweet Orange, Rose, Jasmine, Bergamot, Lemon, Frankincense and Geranium.
There are so many blends to consider. Come and see all the different varieties we have to choose from at www.AromatheraChi.com. Please feel free to contact me at Andrea@AromatheraChi.com for a custom blend made just for you.